Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Walk in the Park


We took the kids to Fairview Riverside State Park last weekend for a little outside time. Despite my true aversion to little kids playing in sand, I relented, and they had a great time. Big D spent most of his time trying to dig the deepest hole possible, which means someone will surely break an ankle sometime this week. Dubya ran around releasing as much crazy 5 yr old energy as he possibly could. But, P3 is the one who really surprised us. She was completely fearless and went down every slide multiple times, even the big twisty one. Considering I thought Big D wouldn't go in a McDonald's Playland until he was old enough to drive there, this was an interesting change. (Not that avoiding the bacterial melange that is a public Playland is necessarily a bad thing, mind you.)

Of course, the drawback is that they think I will take them everyday now. And, of course, there was the sand in every kid crevice as well as all over the van. But, for free entertainment, it was pretty good.


5 comments:

  1. Is that park near Mandeville? I haven't heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in Madisonville, right near the Tchefuncte Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuteness! I love how P3 is absolutely fearless on that slide. That slide probably looked really big and fearsome to her too. P3 looks a lot like you!

    (This is Bunnicula38 on Twitter a/k/a Lynda)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun, I saw you all were having some warm weather this week. This is the first Thanksgiving I miss in Louisiana in years--I am so homesick this weekend :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you're homesick. This is one of those places that kind of gets in your blood, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete