Sunday, November 30, 2008

It Only Hurts When I Breathe.....

Tomorrow is my surgery, and while I am not really nervous about the surgery itself, I hear the recovery is brutal. For the curious out there, let's just say I am having a procedure in a delicate area that's used primarily when sitting. I have had 2 colonoscopies where they found nothing wrong, so we are taking care of the real problem. I am just thrilled. The doctor says that, on a scale of 1 - 10, the pain factor is a 20. I also will need to soak in the tub 3 times a day. This ought to be a neat trick for someone who isn't even guaranteed the time to take a shower everyday.

And, so, T is taking the week off, although I'm not sure he won't regret this. I can tell the kids are already driving him nuts this weekend, since he isn't feeling great himself. I have tried to prep the house and its inhabitants so that this will be easier. There is plenty of easy to fix food. The new cleaning lady came Friday - and she was a dream come true. The kids have clean clothes. No one has a doctor's appointment or anything complicated this week. Tonight I will pack the boys' school bags, lay out their clothes, etc.

I guess the only question I have now is, do I need to do anything for me?

Wish me luck. If you don't see a post for a while, it means the surgeon wasn't exaggerating about the pain!

6 comments:

  1. I hope your surgery goes well and your not in too much pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please recover quickly! We will miss your posts. Let us know how you're doing. Best of luck.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nooooooooo! Nothing about this post sounds like fun, at all. Maybe you'll need the distraction of posting on your blog ... we'll keep you company?

    At least you can tell people that they are being a pain in the butt and mean it!

    Good thoughts coming your way - hopefully everything went okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dubya told me at school today that you got bit by something on your back and had to have surgery today. I was a bit worried. Now I know! Was that your cover up story? He he!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still thinking about you! I have had like 6 or 7 colonoscopies in my life (and I'm only 36), ugh, no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I am just catching up after the holiday. I hope you're feeling OK now that you've had the surgery! That doesn't sound like fun at all!!! I will be thinking about you and hope that you recover soon!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete