Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


I hope everyone has a nice and unstressed day!

I should perhaps list a few things I am thankful for to start my day off right.

  • Of course, I am eternally thankful for my beautiful children, who bring me more joy than trouble in the long run.
  • I am thankful that I am not hosting Thanksgiving dinner.
  • I am thankful I can afford to have a roof over my head and food to eat - and a bunch of stuff I don't need to go along with it.
  • I am thankful for my wonderful memories of my family from when I was a kid, so that, even though my parents are gone, I feel they are always with me.
  • I am thankful for my almost teen nephew, who spent the night the other night and reminded me that maybe I'm still pretty cool after all - for an old lady and all.
  • I am thankful for my new found writing outlet, which has turned out to be more fun than I thought and brought me some new friends.
  • I am thankful for my husband, who drives me insane, but puts up with me while I do the same to him.
  • And, most of all, I am thankful that, despite another year of trials and tribulations, joy and loss, we are still around to gather together and fight over something stupid, like who should have inherited the big turkey platter.

Have a great day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful that all of my dishes came out YUMMY! Nothing was burned or dryed out--just plain out yummy food!! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to you! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete