Sunday, November 23, 2008

"Those people are so lethargic.....

they can't even reach for their own coffee cup!"

That's a quote from my 8 yr old Big D while watching Wall-E. Um, I am quite sure I know adults who cannot properly use the word "lethargic" in a sentence. How I adore this beautiful crazy smart little boy! His teacher even e-mails me with some of the amazing things he says. T and I keep saying we're not surprised anymore, but it's just not true.

And let's not forget Dubya, my crazy five yr old, who can build whole Lego sets all by himself and started changing the batteries in his own toys at the age of 3. (Long story - I was napping.) He also used the word echolocation at the dinner table the other night - correctly.

These guys are just amazing. There are so many times that I literally stop dead in my tracks at something they say. (May I also point out that, from now on, I would like to pronounce the word literally like a Brit - LIT-tral-lee - I like that so much better.)

Anyhoo, think the point is (does there have to be a point?), I am so very lucky to have these children in my life. And, though I bitch and moan with the best (and worst) of them, being their mom is the world's greatest blessing. To think there was a time when I thought I wouldn't be able to have one child, and here I am surrounded by three.... They give my life meaning and purpose and so much joy. And, even on the worst day, I wouldn't change a thing.

It was important to get that all down before we embark on a week of no school.... When they're making me crazy, I can come back and read this!

1 comment:

  1. What a SMART boy!! Don't they crack you up when they say things you've never heard before?! I'm sure my kids are gonna make me crazy this week too!! Gotta love it! =)

    Come on over to my blog, I have an award waiting for you!! =)

    ReplyDelete