Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's SATURDAY

OH, how I love Saturday! The weather is beautiful. No one is rushing to get anywhere. Hubby is usually home to help watch a kid or two. And, if I am really lucky, I can accomplish something.

Today, I hope to do some cleaning, get a shower (what a radical idea), and go to J's little friend's birthday party.

I was looking at D today - all 8 years of him, and was completely fascinated with how truly beautiful he is. He is all dark brown curls and huge brown eyes and such a sweet and happy heart. I love his long slender fingers and those eyelashes! I see my kids everyday, but other days I really LOOK at them and am amazed at the little people they are growing into. I can't help but think about how proud my mother would be if she could see him now. WOW, how she loved that child! She would just love to meet all of them.

Things I am thinking about today:

  • I miss my parents - it's just a fact, but I deal with it much better than I used to.
  • I want to go back to work at a job that pays.
  • I need to get a lot more done for W's school party.
  • I can't wait until the election is over.
  • I want a haircut, but don't love my stylist anymore and am afraid to "break up" with her.
  • Christmas is coming and I still really don't like Christmas - I know that makes me somehow un-American. It's just such a hassle!
I'm sure there are more, but I have 5 seconds to get something done, so I need to add more later.

It also occurred to me today that I could probably feed my family on the contents of my vacuum cleaner alone. I vacuum up so many bits of food - including, but certainly not limited to - Cocoa Puffs, Apple Jacks, crackers, bits of hardened cheese, dog food, cat food, dried noodles, smashed Doritos - the list goes on and on. Maybe next time they ask for a snack I should make them go digging in the vacuum bag for whatever they dropped the day before.....

1 comment:

  1. I get my haircut with Mandi at Urban Retreat in Covington above Coffee Rani. She is wonderful! Not exactly cheap but I don't go but a 2-3 times a year so I suck it up. I think cuts are in the mid 30s range. Not sure as I always get a highlight at the same time. She just makes me feel beautiful for at least one day - until the I have to wash it and her styling gets washed out. I can never style it like her.

    ReplyDelete